Your Marietta home is just that– your home. No one wants uninvited guests in their home, especially ones that evolved from prehistoric wasps. Fortunately, before you call your Marietta pest control specialist, there are a few things you can do to try and eradicate the problem before it gets out of hand.
1. Prevent ant temptation by keeping things clean.
- Why do ants invade our space? Just like at any picnic in any cartoon, ants come looking when there is food around. The solution? Don’t leave food laying out! Ants find food by using their sense of smell, so by keeping counters wiped, crumbs swept up and by keeping food in sealed containers you can lessen the chance that pesky ants follow the tantalizing smell of last night’s lasagna into your kitchen.
2. Light up ants with the power of chili powder.
- There are plenty of old-timey remedies for discouraging ants from entering your home, but sometimes they are messy and stinky. One solution that isn’t (very) messy or odorous is to sprinkle chili powder near entrance points. Apparently ants are no fans of the stuff, and will leave in a huff when chili powder blocks their path.
3. Time for chemical warfare.
- Natural ant control solutions are great, but this is America– where we like to bust out the big guns to eradicate ants with extreme prejudice. You can destroy an entire colony by using bait that is non-toxic just by sprinkling it around their nests and in areas where ants look for food. The ants will carry it back to their sisters and queen, who will eat it and either become infertile or die. It sounds extreme, but in certain cases it is the only thing that will snuff out colonies.
4. Call in the experts.
- If you are at your wit’s end and can’t find any other home solutions to an ant problem, it may be time to call in re-enforcements. Marietta ant control specialists have the tools and expertise to give ants the boot once and for all. Call them up to serve your nasty visitors an eviction notice out of your house and life!