– Many varieties in the world, but only a few we have to deal with here in north GA area.
– All have one thing in common, classified as disease vectors, responsible for and can spread many types of human illness.
– Two main varieties are American roaches and German roaches.
- Found Outside, but come inside during certain times of the year to look for food and water.
- A female will lay an ootheca (egg sac) and once the eggs hatch, there will be an average of 14 baby roaches.
- Left untreated, you can and will end up with an American roach infestation.
- Best way to keep that from happening is with regular quarterly pest service.
- They do not exist on the outside
- Found in restaurants, apartments, etc.
- They have to be brought in and can find their way in through card board boxes, used appliances, grocery store bags, etc.
- Once inside they gravitate to kitchen to get what they need to thrive: food and water.
- They are prolific breeders. One female lays egg sac that hatches with 45 baby roaches.
- Without service, you can end up with a very bad infestation within a month. -One main illness is allergies, primarily with children.
- Create very bad odor due to droppings.
-There are many species of ants in the world, but only a few that effect us here in north GA area.
Carpenter Ants (big, black ants)
- Can cause damage to homes due to the fact that they chew into the wood to lay egg sacs.
- They prefer damp wood
- Create galleys in wood to lay eggs.
Argentine Ants (better known as trailing ants)
- Give our homeowners most of the problems.
- You’re average Argentine ant colony consist of 500,000 ants.
- There are multiple queens that lay hundreds eggs each and every day.
- Worker ants come inside. Their job is to collect food source and bring back to ant colony.
- Argentine Ants and other insects communicate through pheromone scent.
- Scout ants go inside looking for food and water, send scent to other ants to come inside.
- Once inside they have to be treated with bait.
- You can spray the ants, but with very little control because of the number in the colony.
- Best controlled through application of baits on inside, and finding and spraying ants on outside of structure.
- If possible, it is best to find the ant colony, which is difficult. It is usually found laying flat under leaves, mulch, or pine straw.
- These ants don’t sting, bite, or spread disease but they are extremely bothersome when inside.
- We generally don’t like to see ants in our kitchens, but with out professional pest control they are very hard to control.
– There are many varieties of termites, in the world. One that effects us and damages our homes and businesses is call the eastern subterranean termite.
- There are between 7-10 termite colonies per square acre of land.
- Each colony consists of 250000-500,000.
- Termite colony’s are in the ground, 2-10ft beneath soil surface.
- Worker termites work 24/7, never rest.
- Avg. Life span is about a year.
- Their life is spent searching for food, cellulose, wood in our homes and businesses.
- Termites do $5 billion- $7 billion worth of damage to our homes and businesses each year here in the US.
- Your home is 10 times more likely to be damaged by termites than fire, flood, tornado, etc.
- Your homeowners insurance does not cover termite damage.
- In order to get damage repair, you must get it through a licensed company that offers that service.
- Termites are normally found in areas that are unseen, which makes them that much more dangerous.
- We find out there are termites 2 ways: The first is that there will be a termite swarm in the spring, or the second is when you find damage in home.
- When you find damage, 1000’s dollars worth of damage has already been done.
– There are many varieties of spiders around world, in the north GA area there are only 2 species that cause harm: Black Widow and Brown Recluse.
- Other spiders found inside are typically non-venomous, household spiders.
- Spiders are very hard to control with just pesticide.
- From the moment a spider is born it is always on its legs, and their legs do not absorb pesticides.
- Spiders don’t have mouth parts like roaches to ingest pesticides.
- Spiders cannot be harmed by strictly pesticide.
- The best solution is, knocking down their webs.
- Quarterly pest control will reduce other insects that spiders use for food supply.
- Lack of food source will make spiders gravitate away.
- Brown recluse spiders are mainly found in other areas of US such as Louisiana and Texas, but have been found here in north GA on occasion.
- Black widow are much more common, primarily found outdoors, they can come inside.
What We Do – Quarterly Pest Control
- Use web brush to knock all your spider webs down on exterior and in garage. Includes removal of hornet or wasp nest, if present.
- Use backpack to go around home or business to apply long lasting residual pesticide around foundation. Giving a barrier effect.
- Go back around home to apply up to 2 lbs. of non-pesticide granule bait product.
- This bait is very good for controlling large roaches and other crawling insects.
- If wanted, we spot treatment on inside, we use a product that is odorless, non staining, very safe for us, our kids, and our pets.
- Benefit we can come back for free between services, if needed.
- All technicians are registered with GA department of agriculture.
- Fully licensed and fully insured.
- Install advanced termite bait system around home or business.
- We are out every quarter (90 days) to inspect each and every termite station. If we find activity, we will install bait cartridge in stations.
- Termites’ feed of cartridge, which is pure cellulose, mixed with active ingredient. They will return bait to colony located under ground.
- Within 90 days on average the whole colony will be destroyed.
- Slow acting so that they do not Detect danger.
- With bait system there is no drilling holes in slabs, porches, or brick.