Ants and roaches are more than just household pests that cause havoc in our day-to-day lives. Roaches are also responsible for creating an unhealthy environment and ants can attack in swarms. If you’ve ever stepped in an ant bed or moved into a home with a roach infestation, you know what we mean. When they infest your home, you want to get rid of the roaches and ants fast.
When it comes to North Georgia roach control and ant control, you will want to know everything you can about the matter. At PCS Pest Control Solutions, we offer tips to homeowners about how to control and avoid pest infestations. If you have any additional question about ants and roaches in North Georgia, just give us a call and one of our specialists will be glad to help you.
Things You May Not Know About Roaches
Roaches love paper of all types. They eat whatever is available to them, especially anything that is decaying or rotting. Paper is an organic material, so it is a good food source for cockroaches. If it’s wet, it is also a source of water for the pests. Also, rotting material, upholstery, and even furniture, logs, and tree stumps become food sources for roaches.
If you don’t actually see the pests, you can identify a roach problem by looking for the droppings. They are small, oblong shaped droppings that wind up all over the surfaces.
Tips To Avoid Roach Infestations
It is always easier to avoid a roach infestation than to get rid of them. Unfortunately, roaches will move into a home for all types of reasons including close proximity to an infested house or building. Avoiding a roach infestation is difficult in apartments and condos since they have shared walls and floors. Here are some things you can do to keep roaches from being attracted to your home.
- Remove any paper shelf liners and drawer liners. Get rid of any old books and old or wet cardboard.
- Completely clean out the garage or storage shed and sanitize it. When stuff gets old or decays, get rid of it.
- Break down and store cardboard boxes in one location, preferably out in a storage shed or detached garage.
- Dry up any standing water located on your property.
- Completely caulk and seal the interior and exterior of your home. Make sure there are no holes or openings available. This includes caulking the cabinetry and along all interior trimwork.
- Keep food crumbs and food source messes cleaned up. This includes appliances, cabinets, pet containers, trash, and food containers.
- Only allow eating in one room.
- Use stoppers in the plumbing drains of the house.
- Sanitize regularly.
Things You May Not Know About Ants
Ants don’t usually invade a home to live there and build a nest. They are simply foraging for food. They are attracted to any type of organic food source but particularly love sugary sources. They are also attracted to standing water.
Tips To Avoid Ant Infestation
- Don’t leave food out.
- Keep cooking and eating areas clean.
- Caulk all around the exterior of the home so there are no cracks or holes.
- Keep trash in bins.
- Keep food stored in airtight containers.
- Dry up any standing water.
- Clean up any drink spills right away.
What To Do About Ant & Roach Infestation
While home products for ant and roach control do work to some degree, they only work temporarily at best. Your best option to get rid of any type of ant or roach infestation is to call a professional pest control service in North Georgia. As professionals, we can eliminate the problem no matter how bad it is. When hiring a professional, always take their advice and follow their instructions or you may be dealing with a reinfestationdown the line. If you need help, call PCS Pest Control Solutions.