If you’re struggling to control ants, bed bugs or termites in your home or business, you’ll likely require the aid of an experienced Marietta pest control company to address your issues. Those who are unsure of where to begin their pest control company search can benefit from the tips provided below.
- Step 1 – It’s a little outdated, but helpful none the less. Break out the Yellow Pages and jot out a list of companies in your area. Marietta pest control companies pay good money to advertise in the Yellow Pages, and will usually offer up a bit of information in their ads as a way to attract future customers.
- Step 2 – Talk to friends and family members in the area to see if they have used anyone in the past. Word of mouth is a wonderful way to find quality services of all types, and this instance is far from exception. This will allow you to obtain information regarding the manner of the individuals providing the service as well as a second hand look at the results of the service provided.
- Step 3 – Hop online to find additional services in your area. Head over to your favorite search engine and perform a search for “pest control in (city you live)”. Peruse the results and write down any information you are able to find. Additionally, there are many online resources to help consumers find quality services in their area through user submitted reviews and ratings. Use these sites as a way to find new companies while checking reviews of the services that have been recommended to you by friends and family.
- Step 4 – Get in touch with the Better Business Bureau. They will be able to tell you information regarding the company ownership, the location, how many people they staff and how long they have been in business. Companies are rated on an A to F scale, like in grade school. This makes it easy for consumers to compare various services. You will also be able to view complaint histories and obtain tips to help you find and evaluate businesses in your area.
- Step 5 – Check in with the National Pest Management Association. While membership in the association is not mandatory, it does serve as a way to show that the company is invested in it’s reputation and ongoing education.
- Step 6 – Avoid hiring any Marietta pest control company that knocks on your door and asks for your service. Politely obtain a card and research them on your own time.
- Step 7 – Now that you’ve gathered a list of potential companies, the next step is to call up the three most promising and ask for free inspections from each. Most companies will offer this service as a way to promote their services and will be more than happy to oblige.
- Step 8 – Once you’ve met with each Marietta pest control company, sit down and compare each against the others. You’ll likely find that one sticks out more than the others due to pricing, quality and experience. Call them up to set up an appointment!